Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 12, 2013

1979

In 1979 I was 23 I am older and I've practically lived my life I'm now married with children and even grand-children(unless i live to be 100 and that would be fine by me)or I'm in the process of living it, I can still remember waking up in the hospital after a 3 week drug- induced coma to my dad saying,"you were in a car wreck" he may have said something else but that was over thirty years ago and I've forgotten. The thing is when i did wake up or come around I felt confused, fine but confused(twilight zone fine).

While I was in the drug-induced coma I was given a four percent chance of survival but I wouldn't listen, it's weird a four percent chance and not one scratch(from the accident that is). And by the way I guess I should say I rolled a jeep several times, the jeep was totaled а new jeep that the warranty was still in effect for and it was absolutely totaled. When I was lying in my hospital bed someone showed me a picture of it and it was definitely a wreck but like I was saying that was well over thirty years ago and I'm still here.

I can still remember as I was probably lying in my bed thoroughly drugged up from the lingering effects of the drug-induced coma thinking "I have to use the bathroom," when I was living at home this was a procedure everyone does and I had done a billion times before but this time I collapsed
and wow was I ever shocked. I remember a nurse came rushing in worried that I might have injured myself and me thinking "what the hell" this must be some temporary thing but here I am like I said earlier some thirty-plus years later and I'm still wondering "what the hell."

After two funfilled months in the Ohio state university hospital I was unable to walk, double vision(which is very, very strange), partially paralyzed on my right side, attaxia(which slurs my speech and makes writing virtually impossible), and I can't play a musical instrument(of course I couldn't before my accident but now I have an excuse).

From osu hospital it was off to Dodd hall which is a rehabilitation facility affiliated with the hospital. At Dodd hall I made attempts to walk and at normalcy but apparently it didn't take(I suppose it did,somewhat). If nothing else I did meet quite a few people who were in the same shape as me and at that time I was starving and the food wasn't all that bad. I weighed around 170lbs. Pre accident,

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me