Total Pageviews

Friday, April 10, 2009

brent hamilton blackstone pg3

after the pink house located near buckeye lake in central ohio it was off to wilmington,ohio where my father got a better paying job at landmark feeds, landmark had huge concrete silo's for grain storage i remember setting on top of one 4th of july to watch the firework's the silo's were 100 ft high, and the fire works were great. it was in the mid sixties when we lived in wilmington and i was confused by the reaction the spencer girls had with the Beatles, the spencer girls,"at least some of them," were teenagers and absolutely nuts about the beatles"they had a large family." brad and some neighborhood kids and myself,"when not in school," would spend our time riding bikes and playing."in 1964 while we were still living in the pink house on a sunday night after returning from grandpa and grandma elder's we watched the Beatles's for their first appearance in the usa on ed sullivan," and as i remember even as a small child i was impressed by the sound. it was in wilmington that i had my first experience with organized athletics i was on a little league team i remembered being afraid a hit ball would smash my face while attempting to catch it, and the thrill of getting a hit. while in wilmington i started the second grade, i didn't do all that great and of course brad got straight A's, so brad if you're reading this "bite me." my father must have been doing fairly well at landmark because christmas seemed better, it seemed as though we recieved more better quality toys. i don't remember the exact date but grampa blackstone picked mom,brad,bruce,betsy and myself up one day and off we went to live in thornville at grandma and grandpa's. i was still in second grade but now i was back at thornville elementary and my aunt was my teacher,the divorced mrs. brown. mrs. brown(aunt annie) was and is a beautiful woman, i always thought it was cool that she was my aunt, and my teacher, she was also my son's kindergarten teacher when he went to thornville elementary, since then they've torn the building down and built a new, modern building, besides my son and myself, brad,bruce,betsy,barbie, my dad and grandmother attended thornville. staying with my grandparents was quite an experience i loved every moment, walser's lived next door and we played "at times," in a empty lot that separated the homes, jim walser was my age, always a "big dude," and a good athlete, he had an older brother and two older sister's, i remember once jim was talking about "the beatles," and i was thinking the entire time he was talking about insect beatles, but i was only in 2nd grade. after several months mom and dad eventually did get back together and my younger sister barbie came along and my parents had the house built in foster manor, still in thornville but at the time on the edge of town.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me